The Multi-Vitamin and Minerals with Iron suppository is primarily designed for patients who are unresponsive to oral iron supplements or who have experienced difficulties and/or unpleasant side effects when ingesting oral iron supplements.
Multi-Vitamin and Minerals with Iron suppositories contain all the co-factors needed to facilitate conversion of elemental iron into ferritin and ultimately hemoglobulin. Iron/Multi-Vitamin and Minerals also contains the most bioactive forms of the B vitamin complex including Folinic Acid which is more readily absorbed than Folic Acid, as well as the 2 bioactive forms of B12, pure methylcobalamin and cobamamide specialized forms which as essential blood cell production. Hemopoitin is ideal for 2 billion patients in the world suffering from iron and nutrtient deficient anemia and the symptoms related to iron deficiency and nutrient deficiency anemias.
Usual adult dosage is 1 suppository daily, or as directed by physician.
Multi-Vitamin and Minerals with Iron is packaged in 30 sealed suppository shells marked with a black line. It recommended that you store these suppositories in the refrigerator prior to use. Avoid excessive heat 40°C (104°
Contraindications: This product is contraindicated in patients with a know hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients. Patients sensitive to phospholipids should not take this product. Hemochromatosis and hemosiderosis are contraindications to iron therapy.
- Folic acid alone is improper treatment in the treatment of pernicious anemia and other megaloblastic anemias where Vitamin B12 is deficient and not administered constantly. Multi-Vitamin and Minerals with Ironcontains both Folic acid in the more bioactive form Folinic Acid and B12 in the metabolically active forms of Methylcobalamin and Cobamamide.
- Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under the age 6 years old. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
- The type of anemia and the underlying cause or causes should be determined before starting therapy withMulti-Vitamin and Minerals with Iron. Since the anemia may be a result of a systemic disturbance, such as recurrent blood loss, the underlying cause or causes should be corrected, if possible.
- Folic Acid: Allergic sensitization, including anaphylactoid reactions including urticaria (itching) has been reported following the administration and of both oral and parenteral folinic acid. Pernicious anemia should be excluded before using this product since folic acid may mask the symptoms of pernicious anemia.
- Pediatric Use: Safety and effectiveness in pediatric patients have not been established.
- Geriatric Use: Clinical studies on this product have not been performed in sufficient numbers of subjects aged 65 and over to determine whether elderly subjects respond differently from younger subjects. In general, dose selection for an elderly patient should be cautious, usually starting at the low end of the dosing range, reflecting the greater frequency of decreased hepatic, renal, or cardiac function, and of concomitant disease or other drug therapy.
- Adverse Reactions with iron therapy may include constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, darks stools and abdominal pain. Adverse reactions with iron therapy are usually transient. Allergic sensitization has rarely been reported following both oral and parenteral administration of folic acid
- Overdosage: The clinical course of acute iron over dosage can be variable. Initial symptoms may include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tarry stools, melena, hematemesis, hypotension, tachycardia, metabolic acidosis, hyperglycemia, dehydration, drowsiness, pallor, cyanosis, lassitude, seizures, shock and coma.
Each Zetpil™ Multi-Vitamin and Minerals with Iron& Amino Acid Co-Factors contains the following ingredients: Iron (a proprietary blend of 3 highly bioavailable iron compounds) yielding 19 mg of elemental iron; Vitamin A 2500 iu; Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) 5000 ius; Ascorbyl Palmitate 45 mg; Vitamin B1/
TTFD 5 mg; B2/Riboflavin-5-Phosphate 6mg; Vitamin B3/Niacinamide12mg; Pantothenic Acid 12 mg Vitamin B6/Pyrdoxal-5-Phosphate 6 mg; Biotin 600mcg; Folinic Acid 2.5 mg; Vitamin B12 (as a proprietary blend of methylcobalamin and cobamamide) 800mcg; Calcium 140mg; Zinc 20 mg; Manganese 20mg; Selenium 2.5mg; Copper 500 mcg; Chromium 250mcg; Vanadium 500mcg; and Molybdenum 100 mcg; Base: The base is a proprietary combination of plant and fruit butters, vegetable acids, medium chain triglycerides, phospholipids, lecithin, vegetable starches, cellulose, oligosaccharides derivatives, polysaccharides and cycloamylose derivatives.Recommended use: 1 to 3 per day (if deficient) preferably before bedtime, or as directed by your health care professional.
If you choose to use this product as a rectal suppository, it is highly recommended you attempt to clear your bowels prior to inserting it to avoid premature evacuation. To facilitate insertion it is recommended you moisten the product by passing it under a stream of cool water or use a personal lubricant. When used as a suppository, this product requires 15-20 minutes retention to ensure the complete absorption of the bioactive ingredients. This suppository can be inserted in any position. Although not required, if inserted while lying on one’s side, consider remaining in the supine position for 1-3 minutes following insertion. (Always insert flat end of suppository first).
- Although safe for children, this product should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Do not use if the suppositories are open or damaged.
- As with any nutrient if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, seek the advice of a health care provider before using this product.
This product contains an extract from soybeans. This product is contraindicated in individuals with a known hypersensitivity to phospholipids, sesame seed oils or any of the ingredients and should avoid taking this product.
Individuals that have chosen to take this product as part of a personal nutrient program have overwhelmingly chosen to utilize this product as a rectal suppository or as a vaginal pessary. However, this product can also be taken safely by mouth. If one chooses to take this product orally, then this product may be considered a dietary supplement in accordance with current FDA guidelines.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA This product is a Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act compliant combination of naturally derived FDA GRAS (Generally regarded As Safe) herbal, nutraceutical, vitamins, minerals and amino acids products legally sold in the USA. In accordance with FDA regulations, when taken orally, this product may be considered a dietary supplement as defined by section 201(ff) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 321(ff). Also, this product consists ONLY of a combination of naturally derived FDA GRAS (Generally regarded As Safe) herbal, nutraceutical, vitamins, minerals and amino acids products legally sold in the USA. Therefore, this product cannot be considered a drug as defined in section 201(g)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 321(g)(1). This product is not intended to affect the structure or function of the body and is not intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease in man. Any nutritional suggestions and research regarding this product are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease nor should any information provided be used as a substitute for sound medical advice.